FIBER OPTIC BUNDLES & LINEAR ARRAYS
Fiber Optic Bundles and linear arrays are simply fiberoptic assemblies comprised of multiple fibers.
Using multiple fibers provides several important benefits:
• Apertures over 1mm in diameter are easily and cost effectively accommodated.
• The flexibility of a bundle of multiple smaller core fibers is superior to the flexibility from a single larger diameter fiber.
• Multiple fibers can be configured in virtually any cross section imaginable and the two ends may have different cross sections.
RSOF fabricates bundles or arrays using all of the standard types of fibers. These include silica core/silica clad, silica core/plastic clad, all plastic, borosilicate glass or other more exotic constructions. These fibers exhibit NAs of 0.12 to 0.66. RSOF offers one of the widest ranges of materials possible in order to tailor products to both technical and economic requirements.
RSOF can provide standard end fittings like ferrules or OTS connectors but can also provide custom end fittings to suit your specific or OEM applications.
A: FIBER TYPE
Silica/Silica Low Solarization
Polymer Clad (High NA) HOH
Polymer Clad (High NA) LOH
POF / PMMA
B. FIBER SIZE
50um 6. 500um
100um 7. 600um
200um 8. 800um
300um 9. 1,000um
400um 10. Other
C. CONNECTOR/END FITTINGS
SMA905 4. 0.250" OD Ferrule
O-Ring SMA 5. 10mm OD Ferrule
FC 6. Other
PVC Furcation Tubing
Flexible SSTL BX
Braided SSTL /PTFE Hose
E. Number of Fibers/Aperture Size
Advise # of fibers or aperture (round, slit, rectangle or other.
F. Number of Legs
Advise Number of Legs
G. Other Details
Aperture per leg or number of fibers, overall length and breakout leg length, Environmental or chemical exposure concerns.
- Emission, Fluorescence and Absorption Spectroscopy
- Splitters – Single input to multiple outputs
- Combiners – Multiple inputs to a single output
- Mapped arrays for position sensing or generating specific output or input distributions
- Linear arrays for spectrometer slit matching
- Precision spaced arrays for diode array coupling or optical switching
- Flexibility and excellent throughput by using multiple fibers (fiber optic bundles) of the highest quality.
- Can be shape changed, meaning the cross section, or aperture, of each end may be different, e.g., spot to linear arrays.
- Aperture shaping allows for aperture matching.
- Transmission from 180nm through 2200nm and longer.
- Standard and custom end fittings available.
- Harsh environments (high temperature, high vacuum etc.).
Claim R Specialty Optical Fibers Page to edit and add data
You may also like
QD Fiber Optic CableOptoskand AB
RQB Fiber Optic CableOptoskand AB
QBH Fiber Optic CableOptoskand AB
850nm PM patchcords 1mOelabs
850nm PM patchcords 2mOelabs
Mohawk Optics Patchcord 9/125um 3.0mmMohawk
Mohawk Optics Patchcord 9/125um 2.0mmMohawk
Mohawk Optics Patchcord 9/125um 1.6mmMohawk
DIAGUIDE Optical Fiber for Laser DeliveryMitsubishi Cable Industries
Large Core Optical FiberMitsubishi Cable Industries
MPS-1050 Singlemode Duplex Optical Jumper CableMicrowave Photonic Systems
MPS-1000 Singlemode Simplex Optical Jumper CableMicrowave Photonic Systems