Charged Particle Sources
New Job Opening - Account Manager
FindLight is looking for an account manager to help maintain our online marketing activities for our premium accounts. This is a part-time engagement requiring less than ten hours of work a week. In this role, the successful candidate will help us maintain our marketing calendar for the premium customers, own the social media marketing activities, as well as carry responsibility managing some of the interactions with the premium customers. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Owning the periodic promotions of content posted on FindLight by premium customers on various social media platforms.
- Maintaining the marketing calendar to ensure timely promotions of content on social media and delivery of all marketing activities promised to premium customers (e.g. sending periodic reminders to the management team about blog content renewal due dates).
- Providing periodic updates to the top management team and scheduling quarterly meetings with the founders and the certain premium customers.
Due to the nature of the role requiring frequent interaction with the broad web and the customers, the candidate must have an excellent command of written and verbal communication in English, as well as strong planning and organizational skills. The role also requires proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Outlook. The candidate should be an expert user of social media accounts, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. Additionally, the candidate should be self-driven and have the ability to organize his/her own work schedule to deliver consistent results.
Other Desired Skills
- Technical back ground, such as undergraduate degree in Natural Sciences or Optical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Fluency in foreign languages, such as German, Chinese, Japanese, Korean.
- Social media marketing or marketing communications experience.
FindLight net is an online marketplace for the photonics industry. We connect the buyers and sellers of photonics products on a single platform, organized into a hierarchy of product categories. FindLight was founded after an extensive customer discovery process conducted in the frameworks of NSF I-Corp Entrepreneurship Program at UC Berkeley.
The website was launched in 2014 and has since been growing rapidly to include some of the leading vendors of the industry. Our mission is to simplify the shopping process in the photonics industry by categorizing product level data from vendors across the Globe.