Chalcogenide IR-Fiber Cables CIR-250/300
This is a Chalcogenide IR-Fiber Cable produced by art photonics GmbH.
art photonics development of specialty fibers for the Mid-Infrared region has resulted in a unique product – Chalcogenide Infra-Red (CIR-) fibers. Based on chalcogenide glasses (As₂ S₃) they transmit IR-radiation in the spectral gap between Silica fibers (0.2-2.4μm) and Polycrystalline InfraRed (PIR) fibers (4-18μm) in the range of 1.5 - 6μm.
Our single- and multimode CIR fibers are drawn in core/clad structure with double polymer coating and characterized by a low optical loss.
The advantage of chalcogenide IR-fibers: Chalcogenide glasses are an amalgam of chalcogen elements: typically selenium (Se), sulfur (S), and tellurium (Te). Arsenic (As), Germanium, and other elements might be added to facilitate the cross linking between the chains of chalcogens and render a resilient glass material. Chalcogenide IR fibers made of such glass offer useful physical characteristics including low optical loss transmission in the mid-IR and far IR wavelength regions, high refractive index, and relatively large nonlinearities compared to their silica alternatives.
- Core Diameter: 250 um
- Wavelength Range: 1.5 - 6 um
- Fiber Core Material: As₂ S₃
- Cable Length: > 0 m
- Cladding Diameter: 300
- Cladding Material: As-S
- Primary Protective Tubing: PTFE
- Secondary Protective Tubing: PVC
- Core Refractive Index: 2.4
- Effective NA: 0.25 – 0.28
- Minimum Bending Radius: 200 x Fiber diameter
- Operating Temperature, °C: -200 < T < 100
- Maximum Transmitted Power, W: 1 (CW)
Thank to excellent transmission and low loss characteristics, Chalcogenide IR-Fiber Cables have found applications in many areas:
- Flexible IR-imaging systems
- Remote non-contact pyrometry in the 200-600K range
- Fiber probes for remote process IR - spectroscopy
- Fiber amplifiers and lasers
Chalcogenide IR-Fiber Cables come with the following key features:
- High transmittance from 1.5μm to 6μm
- Optical losses 0.2 dB/m at 2 - 4 μm
- Double polymer coating for high flexibility
- Standard fiber diameters from 8 to 500µm
You may also like
Fire retardant plastic optical cable-- 2.2mm and 4.4mm POF cableJiangsu TX Plastic Optical Fibers Co.,LTD
Multistrand POF cable for data transmission and lightingJiangsu TX Plastic Optical Fibers Co.,Ltd
PMMA Optical fiber cable for communication, POF cable for data transmissionJiangsu TX Plastic Optical Fibers Co.,Ltd
MOST automobile multimedia plastic optical fiber patch cord for car control systemJiangsu TX Plastic Optical Fibers Co., Ltd
M3 M4 M6 optical fiber sensor for Industrial sensing systemJiangsu TX Plastic Optical Fibers Co., Ltd
Toshiba TOCP 155 200 255 Plastic Fiber Optic CableJiangsu TX Plastic Optical Fibers Co., Ltd
Avago HFBR4506Z / HFBR4516Z fiber optics patch cords - 2.2mm * 4.4mm duplex POF cable, low attenuation imported fiber core and connectors for Industrial control applicationJiangsu TX Plastic Optical Fibers Co., Ltd
Orange colour 1 core and 2 cores buffered POF cable with aramid yarn and LSZH & PUR sheathJiangsu TX Plastic Optical Fibers Co., Ltd
Duplex core plastic optical fiber cableJiangsu TX Plastic Optical Fibers Co., Ltd..
PMMA POF Cable 2.2mm simplex plastic optical fiber cableJiangsu TX Plastic Optical Fibers Co., Ltd..
LITEflight EP Fiber Optic Cable NFO-EP-125-3M4Carlisle Interconnect Technologies
LITEflight EP Fiber Optic Cable NFO-EP-125-1Carlisle Interconnect Technologies
Don’t have an account?
Please consider registering
NOTE: It may take up to 10 min to receive the registration verification link. For immediate assistance please use the “GUEST” option above.
Your inquiry has been received
by adding a password
Benefits of having an account:
- Save time on filling future request forms
- Track your prior Requests
- Save favorite products in your account
- Choose your contact preferences
- If you change your mind later, you may close you account with 1 click
The Leading Photonics Marketplace
Within 3-10 minutes you will receive an email with a validation link to activate your account.
If you don't receive the confirmation link soon, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org