500um InGaAs APD Preamplifier Module
The 500μm InGaAs APD Preamplifier Module, specifically the CR500AH-1550-70M, is designed for high-speed, ultra-low light detection in various applications such as laser range finding, LIDAR, and free space communication. This module incorporates a 500μm InGaAs Avalanche Photodiode (APD) with a hybrid preamplifier, offering exceptional performance and reliability in demanding optical sensing tasks.
The 500μm InGaAs APD Preamplifier Module offers advanced features such as high sensitivity, wide bandwidth, and a broad wavelength range. With its low noise characteristics and compact design, it is a versatile solution for high-speed, ultra-low light detection in laser range finding, LIDAR, and free space communication applications.
500um InGaAs APD Preamplifier Module
|Operational Wavelength (Typical):
|Operational Wavelength Range:
|Reverse Breakdown Voltage (Vbr):
|30 - 70 V
- Built-in 500μm InGaAs+TIA: The module features a 500μm InGaAs Avalanche Photodiode combined with a Transimpedance Amplifier (TIA) for efficient signal amplification and detection
- High Sensitivity: With a sensitivity of at least 250kV/W, the 500μm InGaAs APD Preamplifier Module is capable of detecting extremely low light levels, enabling accurate and reliable measurements even in challenging environments
- High Bandwidth: The module offers a high bandwidth of 70MHz, allowing for rapid signal acquisition and processing, crucial for applications that require real-time data capture
- Wide Wavelength Range: Covering a wavelength range of 1100 to 1700nm, this module provides versatility in different optical sensing applications, accommodating a broad spectrum of light sources
- Low Noise and High Reliability: The module is engineered to deliver low noise performance, minimizing interference and ensuring precise detection. It is built with high-quality components for long-term reliability and consistent performance
- TO8 Package with Flat Window: The module is housed in a TO8 package with a flat window, providing protection and efficient optical coupling while maintaining compact dimensions
The 500μm InGaAs APD Preamplifier Module finds extensive use in the following applications:
- LIDAR (Light Detection and Ranging): This module is ideal for LIDAR systems, where it enables accurate distance measurements by detecting the reflected light from a target. It is well-suited for applications such as autonomous vehicles, environmental monitoring, and surveying
- Laser Range Finding: The module's high sensitivity and bandwidth make it suitable for laser range finding applications, allowing precise determination of distances by measuring the time it takes for a laser pulse to return
- Free Space Optical Communication (FSO): In free space optical communication systems, this module facilitates the detection of optical signals in data transmission applications. It enables reliable and efficient communication over long distances using laser beams
Frequently Asked Questions
The 500μm InGaAs APD Preamplifier Module has a wavelength range of 1100 to 1700nm, allowing it to detect light within this spectrum for various applications.
Yes, the 500μm InGaAs APD Preamplifier Module is well-suited for LIDAR applications. Its ability to detect reflected light enables accurate distance measurements, making it ideal for LIDAR systems.
Yes, the module is designed to deliver low noise performance. This minimizes interference, ensuring precise and reliable detection of optical signals even in environments with high noise levels.
The module is housed in a TO8 package with a flat window. This package provides efficient optical coupling, protects the internal components, and maintains a compact form factor for easy integration.
The module is designed for high-speed, ultra-low light detection in applications such as laser range finding, LIDAR, and free space communication.
The module offers high sensitivity, wide bandwidth, and a broad wavelength range. It also has low noise characteristics and a compact design.
The module has a sensitivity of at least 250kV/W, allowing it to detect extremely low light levels.
The module has a high bandwidth of 70MHz, enabling rapid signal acquisition and processing.
The module covers a wavelength range of 1100 to 1700nm, providing versatility in different optical sensing applications.