Exicor OIA Premier Birefringence Measurement System
The Hinds™ Instruments Exicor® OIA is the Premier Birefringence Measurement System for the evaluation of Lenses, Parallel Faced Optics and Curved Optics at normal and oblique incident angles. The system is built on Hinds Instruments award winning Photoelastic Modulator (PEM) based Exicor Birefringence Measurement technology.
This next generation birefringence measurement system is providing the industry with new capabilities in the analysis and development of next generation lithographic lenses, lens blank and high value precious optics. The system utilizes PEMs to modulate the polarization state of a light beam and advanced detection and demodulation electronics to measure how an optic has changed the polarization state. This results in the measurement of optical retardation of one polarization state relative to another at 90°. Birefringence and Fast Axis orientation, as well as theoretical residual stress, can be evaluated with this data.
Hinds Instruments and the Exicor Oblique Incident Angle Technology has been selected to evaluate optical birefringence in research and production by the world leaders in lithographic lens blanks and finished lenses. Our systems are surpassed by none!
- Retardation Range: 0 - 300 nm
- Max Measurement Rate: -- PPS
- Light Source Wavelength: 632.8 nm
- Measurement Area Length: 320 mm
- Measurement Area Width: 320 mm
- Exicor OIA Software
- Automatic scan of Parallel flats and Spherical lens types
- Asphere can be scanned with Manual macro program
- 2D Maps of retardation and fast Axis orientation
- Scan Statistics
- Stage Forward Load Position (free access to samples stage from above)
- UV and Laser Light Enclosure with safety Interlocks
- Emergency OFF shut down buttons
- System Status Light Tower
- User Work Station with Computer and Monitor
Claim Hinds Instruments Inc Page to edit and add data