Deformable Mirror 2K-1.5
The +K-DM Family of deformable mirrors: High spatial-resolution wavefront correctors for next generation applications in astronomy and laser communications. Boston Micromachines Corporation is leading the industry in high actuator‐count MEMS deformable mirror technology. These mirrors are fielded at prominent astronomical facilities around the world to improve wavefront correction capabilities, enabling cutting edge science. The 4K‐DM deformable mirror is currently installed on the Gemini Planet Imager instrument and our 3K-DM is included in the design for multiple space telescope concepts. Finally, the 2K‐DM is currently installed as an enabling component in the Subaru Coronagraph Extreme Adaptive Optics (SCExAO) Instrument and has been on‐sky multiple times.
- Number Of Actuators: 2048
- Wavefront Tip-Tilt Stroke (PtV): 1.5 um
- Actuator Pitch: 400 um
- Pupil Size (Clear Aperture): 20 mm
- Surface Quality (RMS): 30 nm
- Mechanical Response (10%-90%): 40 us
- Reflective Coating Material: Gold, Aluminum, Protected Silver
- Approximate Interactuator Coupling: 15% +/- 5%
- Driver IO Interface: SFP fiber link 2.5 Gbps
- Driver Step Resolution: 14 bit
- Frame Rate: 20 kHz
- Dimensions: 5.25” x 19’ x 14’ (3U Chassis)
The +K-DM Family deformable mirrors: High spatial-resolution wavefront correctors for next generation applications in astronomy and laser communications.
MEMS deformable mirrors are the most commonly used architecture in many AO applications given their versatility, maturity of technology, and the high resolution wavefront correction capabilities with sub-nm step size. Using advanced, inexpensive manufacturing technology, MEMS DMs’ performance strengths are inherent to micromachining:
1. Large arrays create high resolution wavefront correction.
2. Advanced microstructures allow minimal influence between adjacent actuators for high spatial frequency surfaces
3. Optimized design enables rapid wavefront shaping for high speed applications.
You may also like
Mirrorcle Technologies MEMS MirrorsMirrorcle Technologies Inc
MEMS Tilting Micro-MirrorPreciseley Microtechnology Corp
Deformable MirrorsOptical Physics Co
Dynamics Optics - Deformable MirrorDYNAMIC OPTICS
Deformable Mirror - DMX85ALPAO
Deformable Mirror - DMX61ALPAO
Deformable Mirror - DMX37ALPAO
Deformable Mirror - DM3228ALPAO
Deformable Mirror - DM292ALPAO
Deformable Mirror - DM192ALPAO
Deformable Mirror - DM97-50ALPAO
Deformable Mirror - DM97-25ALPAO