EL-16-40-TC-VIS-5D Focus Tunable Lens
With a clear aperture of 16mm Optotune presents the world‘s largest electrically focus tunable lens bringing fast and reliable focus control to high end applications.
Based on the well-established shape-changing lens technology, the EL-16-40-TC can be shaped from a flat zero-state into a plano-concave or plano-convex lens, resulting in a focal tuning range of up to -10 to +10 diopters (at -250 to +250mA).
Response & settling times are 5 & 25ms, respectively, which is magnitudes faster than most mechanical alternatives. Thanks to the robust VCM actuated design the lens can run at high frequencies and performs reliability over billions of cycles.
The design was optimized to minimize thermal drift effects to as little as 0.02 dpt/°C and with the built in temperature sensor, an overall reproducibility of typically +/- 0.05 diopters is achievable.
- Clear Aperture: 16 mm
- Scan Rate (max): 1000 Hz
- Optical Power Range: -2 - +3 Diopter
- Transmittance (min): 96 %
- Power Consumption (max): 0.6 W
- Response Time: 25 ms
- Lifecycles (10% - 90% Sinusoidal): > 1’000‘000’000 cycles
- Wavefront Error (vertical Optical Axis): <0.25 λ RMS @ 532 nm
- Machine vision
- Refraction correction in ophthalmic devices
- Large clear aperture of 16mm
- Fast response time of 5ms
- High repeatability of typically +/- 0.05 dpt