Anti-Reflection Coating AR
This type of Optical coating when applied to the surface of a substrate reduces reflection and minimizes light loss thus improving contrast of the image due to the elimination of stray light. Application can be found on optical lenses, eye glasses, cover window or display glasses, photographic lenses and other application that requires maximum light transmission.
- Coating Process: Standard Sputtered, Evaporative, Hard
- Coating Type: Anti-Reflection
- Single Layer AR : The simplest form of AR coating where the index of a single QW thickness of the transparent dielectric material is the square root of the substrate’s refractive index. MgF2 is the most popular low index material which performs better on high index glass substrates.
- V-coat AR : Type of AR coating which is normally narrow and reflectance curve is shaped like a letter V with the lowest reflectance occurring at the design wavelength. Mostly used in Laser coating or any monochromatic light application.
- Dual Band AR : Type of AR coating where transmission is optimized at 2 wavelength of interest. Normally used in Laser application.
- Broad Band AR : Type of AR coating which covers a wide wavelength range. Normally used in display windows.
Claim ios Optics Page to edit and add data
You may also like
OPTICAL COATING CAPABILITIESAndover Corp
Optical CoatingCurtis Technology Inc
Colorado Thin Films Ultrafast CoatingsColorado Thin Films Inc
Colorado Thin Films Infrared CoatingsColorado Thin Films Inc
Colorado Thin Films Anti-Reflection CoatingsColorado Thin Films Inc
\"ARC\" REFLECTIVE OPTICAL COATINGSGalaxy Optics
High Reflector Coating HRios Optics
Thin Film CoatingInrad Optics
Custom Thin Film Coating ServicesLohnStar Optics Inc
Extreme Performance Optical CoatingsMLD Technologies LLC
R&D Coating ServicePlasma Quest Ltd