A fiber optic attenuator is a passive device used to reduce the amplitude of a light signal without significantly changing the wave form itself. This is often a requirement in Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM) and Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifier (EDFA) applications where the receiver cannot accept the signal generated from a high-power light source.
SENKO attenuators feature a proprietary type of metal-ion doped fiber which reduces the light signal as it passes through. This method of attenuation allows for higher performance than fiber splices or fiber offsets, which function by misdirecting rather than absorbing the light signal. SENKO attenuators are capable of performing in the 1310, C and L Bands.
SENKO attenuators are capable of withstanding over 1W of high power light exposure for extended periods of time, making them well-suited to EDFA and other high-power applications.
Low Polarization Dependent Loss (PDL) and a stable and independent wavelength distribution makes them ideal for DWDM.
- Number Of Channels: Single Channel, Multi Channel
- Operating Wavelength Range: 1250 - 1625 nm
- Dynamic Attenuation Range (max): 30 dB
- Insertion Loss (max): N/A dB
- Return Loss (min): 50 dB
- Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifiers (EDFA)
- Dense Wave Division Multiplexers (DWDM)
- Overpowered fiber optic systems
- Metal ion doped fiber
- High-power light source durability
- Wavelength independence
- Attenuation levels ranging from 1dB to 30dB, with standard and premium tolerances, plus custom configurations.
- 1310nm, 1550nm, 1250-1625nm and 1350/1550nm dual wave lengths
Claim Senko Advanced Components Page to edit and add data
You may also like
LC Inline Fixed Attenuator A771-00-15The Light Brigade Inc
LC Inline Fixed Attenuator A771-00-10The Light Brigade Inc
LC Inline Fixed Attenuator A771-00-05The Light Brigade Inc
FOTEC A400 Variable Fiber Optic AttenuatorsMetrotek
Metrotek SM Variable AttenuatorMetrotek
Metrotek MM Variable AttenuatorMetrotek
ST AttenuatorsSenko Advanced Components
MU AttenuatorsSenko Advanced Components
FC APC AttenuatorsSenko Advanced Components
LC AttenuatorsSenko Advanced Components
SC APC AttenuatorsSenko Advanced Components
SC AttenuatorsSenko Advanced Components